Footaction Canada Privacy Statement
Footaction Canada, a division of Foot Locker Canada Co., ("Footaction") believes in protecting your information. With this in mind, we have adopted this Privacy Statement, which describes the information we may collect when you use visit our website ("Site"), and how we use, disclose and protect such information. By using this Site, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not, please do not use the Site.
This Privacy Statement addresses:
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Disclosure
- Changes to our Privacy Statement
- Children's Privacy
- Security of Information
- Access to Personal Information
- Questions/Contacting Us
- Links to Other Websites
Knowledge and Consent. Your consent will be obtained, as required, for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. In connection with the Site, your consent will be obtained electronically through our Site.
Information You Provide to Us. In connection with the Site, we only collect certain information from you when you provide it to us, such as when you contact us. The information we collect from you may include your name, mailing address, daytime telephone number, cell phone number, and e-mail address.
Tracking Options. You may adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of our offerings.
Information Collected From Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with us depending on the privacy settings and permissions you have set up. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Combination of Information. We may also combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us on the Site, information we automatically collect (as explained above), and information provided or collected offline when you shop in our Stores.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To answer any of your questions or otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or other websites;
- To allow you to participate in promotions;
- To help us learn more about our Site visitors and customers and to improve our business;
- To address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services and to protect the security of the Site and our business;
- To contact you about upcoming promotions and offers on behalf of our partners; and
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection.
For the purposes described above and throughout this Privacy Statement, we may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to our affiliates and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we use service providers to provide services such as hosting our Site and analyzing Site data. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Your personal information may be maintained on servers located in the US and processed by us, our affiliates and other third party service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
- Footaction and its Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include disclosure to US or other courts, law enforcement and government authorities in accordance with the laws of those jurisdictions), or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing of preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily upload or submit for public posting to the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
Footaction may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Footaction or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on the Site.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from or about, children under the age of fourteen. You must be 14 years of age or older to submit personal information to us.
Security of Information
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our users and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
Access to Personal Information
If you submit personal information via our Site or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Administrator (see “Questions/Contacting Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Should you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our data handling practices you may contact our Privacy Administrator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone at 1-866-919-9010; or by writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Administrator
Foot Locker Canada Co.
230 Barmac Drive, 2nd Floor
Weston, ON M9L 2Z3
Links to Other Websites
This Site may contain links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statement posted on any website that you access through this Site. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such linked websites. Footaction does not endorse any linked websites, or the information, materials, products or services that are contained in or accessible through such linked websites. Footaction disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or collateral, with respect to the information, materials, products and services that are contained in or accessible through linked websites, including, but not limited to, implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular or general purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that Footaction is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites, and that the access or use of any such linked websites is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against Footaction with respect to such linked websites.